Saturday, April 6, 2013

As Perceived by Crystellen Treasure 5


“Yes,” Mom interrupted.  “I do.  My dear daughter, I know you want to protect us, but you’ve gone too far.  If Losten meant us harm, he wouldn’t have said anything to your sister about her tail.  He would have followed her back here or grabbed her, not eat supper with her family.”  She sighed.  “I assume your mind probe proved this?”

I glanced down at the floor.  “I couldn’t figure out how to probe deep enough.  So, I, I,” I paused, “I faked a bridge accident to see if I could force him to tell me he was Manicotti.”

My sister went ballistic and gave me a hateful expression.  I didn’t pay much attention to what she said, but I figured now was not the time to tell her she should thank me.  I muttered something about how he didn’t seem to know who the Manicotti were and that he had conflicted thoughts for my sister.  I wish I had known how to conduct a better mind probe, that way I could have searched deeper into his thoughts.  However, he didn’t know who the Manicotti were, so unless they had somehow erased his memory, he seemed clear of that charge.
As Emerys spoke, it occurred to me that I knew more about how Losten felt towards her than she did.  Over the last couple months, I’d heard her tell Cat that she didn’t know how this guy felt towards her.  A feeling of empowerment washed over me.  Emerys would have loved to know what I knew.

5 comments:

  1. This gives such depth to your first book--like putting a whole new spin on it. I really thought Crystallen was super mean and crabby and crazy for most of the book, before I realized she just really cares about her sister. Its cool to see this from her point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that this is all just torture until the sequel comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, and here I thought torture was being tied to the bottom of an iceberg for a couple hundred years... ;)

      Thanks for your interest and don't dispair, as the planned release date for the Emerys Treasure sequel is before the end of this year! :)

      Delete
  3. I realize it's the end of the year so busy and all plus getting the 2nd book done and ready so this is just out of curiosity, no pressure. Will the rest of Crystalellen's pov of the first book pick back up sometime? It's been fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, I beg your pardon for taking so long to get back with you. Unfortunately, a number of things have taken up my time (holidays, etc).
      Second, I started this blog with the idea that I would update once daily, but that scheduled proved unsustainable, so as the Treasure Hunters Book Club gets relaunched, I do so with the intention that I will update once every week or two. That should be a sufficient pace with which I can keep up.

      Actually, I really like Crystellen's perspective too, thus, the next update will happen shortly (minutes, not days). :)

      Delete